Beware of Stray Sidewalk Voltage

SIDEWALK VOLTAGE WARNING!!!

Ice melting salts and a wintery mix on the sidewalks create dangerous conditions for you and your pet to receive shocks from stray sidewalk voltage. Please avoid areas where you see Con Ed making repairs. Stray voltage can travel across any wet sidewalk.

However try to steer your pet away from sidewalk scaffolding, lamp posts, manholes and other electrical covers embedded in the sidewalk or roads. If you or your pet receive a shock, please report it immediately to 911.